Celebrate the Small Things.
So of course doing some web surfing we managed to find another blog hop to participate in! Blog hops are fun because you meet a lot of like minded people who may just enjoy the same things as you. And while we both started out as book bloggers and seem to becoming more and more productive with our book blog, we’re trying to discover ways to connect with other writers…..
Voila! The Celebrate The Small Things Blog Hop comes in!
How it works:
1) Sign up on the linky list below.
2) Each Friday, post in your blog something you wish to celebrate achieving / doing that week.
It can be writing related: I finished a tricky chapter! I finished my outline!
It can be reading related: I read two books!
It can be life related: I tidied my sock drawer! My child finally ate something green! I cleaned the shed!
Whatever you like.
1) I finished one of five books we promised to review for a giveaway were hosting in October. We don’t generally read books at the exact same time, so if we promise this many, I will admit, sharing a blog definitely does help =D
2) I’ve written nonstop the entire week for at least two hours a day. I will admit, I had writer’s block for quite some time. This may not work for everyone, but I read 90 day novel, and I haven’t been able to stop writing. I’ve honestly never been this productive. In the past, I’ve written but when I’d burn out, I wouldn’t touch projects for weeks. The book teaches a writer to write without the fear of being perfect, as you can seek perfection in the rewrites. But one who does not write, cant fix mistakes!
3)I bought Travis Garland concert tickets. I wanted to go see Justin Timberlake, but he’s far too expensive. So it just worked out, that as soon as I decided I couldn’t afford JT tickets, Travis announced he was coming to my area. For the same price I’d pay to get crappy seats to see JT, I could see Travis AND afford the VIP package, which allows me to meet and take a picture with him! So I lucked out!
1.I finally got the author interview questions out to the 5 authors we planned to feature on our book review blog, Twinja Book Reviews . I procrastinated like crazy to get them the questions, now all I am waiting on are the answers
2.I managed to get some writing done this week. Even though it’s just one chapter, it’s one i’ll probably continue to keep reworking because I’m just not sure about it yet XD
3. Had the time to do some social networking for two days strong this week. Quite often I don’t allow myself “computer time” until i meet some kind of unwritten writing goal, but I was stuck for a day so I said “What the hay?”
2A) Use the Badge! 🙂
3) Hop around other blogs and offer congratulations/a pat on the back to other people. If everyone visits at least a few other blogs, we’ll all have some congratulations.
4) Feel warm and fuzzy inside.
I would also REALLY appreciate it if people could please advertise this, at least at first, so we have a few peeps joining in. It should be fairly low maintenance week to week, and feel free to include your celebration item within a post covering other topics.
Also: let me know how this is going. It was a toss up between weekly and fortnightly in the votes. I went for weekly as fortnightly leads to the ‘is it an on or off week’ confusion but if it feels better, we can always drop it down to fortnightly.
I have put the linky list as open for the whole year, but will revisit after a couple of months, see if anybody is joining in.
I vote we sign up this week, and begin next week!
Please do join in, let’s celebrate those small achievements! 🙂
Here’s the sign up:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…